OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE
Our commitment to your safety has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your prior visits to our office. We strictly follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
INFECTION CONTROL & PREVENTIOn:
• Office air filtered and purified.
• You will be asked COVID-19 screening question when you are in the office.
• We will take the temperature using a non-contact thermometer .
• We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office. You will see additional sanitizers in other areas of the office.
• We use an extra-oral suction system in our operatories and hygiene rooms. This system sucks the aerosols out of the air and into 3 different filters including a HEPA filter.
• We have removed magazines in the waiting area.
• All patients will be asked to wear face coverings any time they are not being treated
• Operatory surfaces and fixed equipment high level disinfected after each patient (We are treating all surfaces in the office with long-lasting antimicrobial solutions, in addition to wiping everything down in the treatment rooms with disinfectant between patients).
• Disposable plastic wrap is used to cover surfaces that are touched by doctors and assistants, such as light handles.
• Our doctors and staff wear additional PPE, such as N95 masks /Level 3 mask and face shields. We treat all scrubs, lab coats, and other uniforms with antimicrobial solutions.
• Prior to treatment all patients will complete 1-minute rinses with an antiviral pre-procedure rinse.
• Appointment will be scheduled to allow for social distancing and isolation between patients as recommended by health authorities.
• We ask that parents, guardians, and family members remain in your vehicle while the patient is being seen. No more than 2 people are allowed to accompany any patient who is minor or disabled.
• Only the patient will be allowed in the consultation and surgery rooms unless the patient is a minor. No one is allowed in the treatment room except the patient.
• All patients will be asked to wear face coverings when they enter the office.
We sincerely appreciate your cooperation to help us keep our staff and patients safe during this time.
Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated healthcare professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
We are now using extra oral dental suction systems that run aerosols through 3 different filters, including a HEPA filter. An IWAVE ionization air purifier has been installed into our HVAC system, allowing cleaner air to be filtered through the entire office!
How iWave Works
iWave is an air purifying device that installs in any duct air conditioning system. When air passes over the iWave, ions produced by the device reduce pathogens, allergens, particles, smoke and odors in the air, creating a healthy environment without producing any harmful byproducts.
iWave uses patented technology, called needle-point bi-polar ionization, to create equal amounts of positive and negative ions. When these ions are injected into the air stream, they break down passing pollutants and gases into harmless compounds like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and water vapor.
When the ions come into contact with viruses, bacteria or mold, they remove the hydrogen molecules-without them, the pathogens have no source of energy and will die. The ions also attach to allergens like pollen and other particles, causing them to band together until they are large enough to be caught by your ventilation system’s air filter.
iWave’s technology generates the same ions that nature creates with lightning, waterfalls, ocean waves, etc. Nature uses energy and shear to break apart molecules, naturally cleaning the air and producing a healthy environment. The only difference between the iWave’s technology and nature is that the iWave does it without developing harmful ozone.
See more information here on how iWave technology works:
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.