NATIONAL SMILE MONTH
WHY NOT KICK OFF NATIONAL SMILE MONTH BY READING UP ON SOME GOOD TIPS TO KEEP YOUR SMILE HEALTHY AND READING UP ON HOW NATIONAL SMILE MONTH CAME ABOUT.
TIPS FOR THAT HEALTHY SMILE:
- Visit your dentist provider regularly, as often as recommended.
- Brush your teeth at least once during the day, in addition to brushing your teeth right before bedtime with a tooth paste that has fluoride in it.
- Floss all your teeth to get into the nooks and crannies that tooth brush can’t reach.
- Cut down on how often you consume sugary foods and drinks.
- Change your tooth every two to three months unless it gets worn sooner, as it won’t clean your teeth properly.
HISTORY OF NATIONAL SMILE MONTH:
1979 – The first National Smile Week was held. National Smile Week is run by the British Dental Health Foundation, a UK-based charity.
1984 – ‘EAT WELL STAY BITING FIT’ was the theme for smile week in 84’, with the launch of London transport museum.
1988 – ‘YOUR DENTIST CARES’ was the theme for 88’. The National Smile Week campaign held strong through the 90’s.
2006 -Due to popularity National Smile Week turned into National Smile Month.
2009 – Marked the first time the National Smile Month ran simultaneously in the UK and USA, this campaign reached 180,000,000 readers and viewers, with the slogan ‘Brush for Health’.
2014 – National Smile Month was held in the United Arab Emirates for the first time.
2016 – Celebrated its 40 year as the largest/longest running oral health campaign. Thousands of organizations took place reaching more than 60 million people worldwide, as the campaign became the focal point for the world of dentistry.
Comments are closed.